Two Things

Two Things

 I found out last night that the man who died because of injuries sustained in the fire, my next door neighbour Gregory Alan Fenton, was discovered in my apartment – unit 303. I am in shock. I now understand why the police were so eager to speak with us first.

I am told that Greg lived in the building for almost 20 years. No one I have spoken to remembers interacting with him, and I had never met the man. I had never even seen the man. The police believe that he must have seen me, though, and known that I have small children and was often alone overnight. They suspect that he was making sure that I had got the children out, and was overcome by the smoke. He died in the hospital on Friday December the 4th and was laid to rest this Saturday. He was 54.

Read more